USA-Einreise: keine Übergabe der Social Media Accounts, keine Chance?

Kommentare zu folgendem Beitrag: USA-Einreise: keine Übergabe der Social Media Accounts, keine Chance?

Kommentar von Leser am 27.06.2016 07:34:
Der Vorschlag ist genau das: ein Vorschlag. Einer von bislang 14.848 im Jahr 2016. Dürfen wir auf die verbliebenen 14.847 auch noch hoffen?

Und kannst Du mir die Hintergrundinformation bitte mal in verständliches Deutsch übersetzen und deren Zusammenhänge erklären? ICH verstehe sie nämlich nicht. Danke im voraus.

Background
CBP Forms I-94 (Arrival/Departure Record) and I-94W (Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver Arrival/Departure Record) are used to document a traveler’s admission into the United States. These forms are filled out by aliens and are used to collect information on citizenship, residency, passport, and contact information. The data elements collected on these forms enable the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) to perform its mission related to the screening of alien visitors for potential risks to national security and the determination of admissibility to the United States. The Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA) applies to aliens seeking to travel to the United States under the Visa Waiver Program (VWP) and requires that VWP travelers provide information electronically to CBP before embarking on travel to the United States without a visa. Travelers who are entering the United States under the VWP in the air or sea environment, and who have a travel authorization obtained through ESTA, are not required to complete the paper Form I-94W.
Pursuant to an interim final rule published on March 27, 2013 in the Federal Register (78 FR 18457) related to Form I-94, CBP has partially automated the Form I-94 process. CBP now gathers data previously collected on the paper Form I-94 from existing automated sources in lieu of requiring passengers arriving by air or sea to submit a paper I-94 upon arrival. Passengers can access and print their electronic I-94 via the Web site at www.cbp.gov/I94.
ESTA can be accessed at: https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov. Samples of CBP Forms I-94 and I-94W can be viewed at: https://www.cbp.gov/document/forms/form-i-94-arrivaldeparture-record and https://www.cbp.gov/document/forms/form-i-94w-visa-waiver-arrivaldeparture-record. Show citation box

Recent Changes
On December 18, 2015, the President signed into law the Visa Waiver Program Improvement and Terrorist Travel Prevention Act of 2015 as part of the Consolidated Appropriations Act of 2016. To meet the requirements of this new Act, DHS strengthened the security of the VWP by enhancing the ESTA application and Form I-94W. In two recent emergency submissions under the Paperwork Reduction Act, additional questions were added to ESTA and to Form I-94W that request information from applicants about countries to which they have traveled on or after March 1, 2011; countries of which they are citizens/nationals; countries for which they hold passports; and Global Entry Numbers.

Proposed Changes
DHS proposes to add the following question to ESTA and to Form I-94W:
“Please enter information associated with your online presence—Provider/Platform—Social media identifier.” It will be an optional data field to request social media identifiers to be used for vetting purposes, as well as applicant contact information. Collecting social media data will enhance the existing investigative process and provide DHS greater clarity and visibility to possible nefarious activity and connections by providing an additional tool set which analysts and investigators may use to better analyze and investigate the case.
Current Actions: This submission is being made to extend the expiration date with a change to the information collected as a result of adding a question about social media to ESTA and to Form I-94W, as described in the Abstract section of this document. There are no changes to the burden hours or to the information collected on Form I-94, or the I-94 Web site.

Kommentar von Manuel Bonik am 27.06.2016 09:47:
Muss man nicht verstehen. Ist nur zur Verwirrung der Aliens gedacht.

Kommentar von EiTeeXperte am 27.06.2016 23:03:
Meiner Meinung nach das übliche Beamten und Politiker Dummschwatz um später, so wieder irgendwas passiert ist, sagen zu können, seht ihr wir haben getan was wir konnten.
Vor allem kostet es kaum was und simuliert Aktivitäten.
Man stelle sich das Ganze in der Praxis vor, wie will man verhindern das jemand ein Loblied auf die USA bei den Onlineplattformen anstimmt um ein Visum zu erhalten und dann Peng Bumm macht?
Praktisch kann man doch auch jetzt noch ein Facebookprofil mit Fakedaten erstellen.
Ich habe selber zwei von der Sorte, um bei Personen die ich eigentlich nicht schätze, hin und wieder vorbeischnuppern zu können.
Nur ganz Blöde bekommen das nicht hin.
Fazit, sinnloser Aktionismus.

Kommentar von Coca-Colabiy am 29.06.2016 23:11:
Wieso wollen die, de Loggin Daten wenn die NSA eh alles Mitliest?!

Kommentar von Lars „Ghandy“ Sobiraj am 30.06.2016 08:46:
Um sich Arbeit zu ersparen natürlich!